Thursday, July 9, 2009

"but break, my heart, for i must hold my tongue"

Oh Hamlet...I do not like you very much (sorry, you're just a little too emo for my tastes) but I do like this line.

I am not known for holding my tongue. I am undiplomatic. I say what I'm thinking, wear my heart on my sleeve, I'm an open book and all those other cliches.

When I hurt, it shows. One tear and my whole face is red. There is a crease in my brow when concerned. And a tone in my voice when upset.

Not to say I can't hide it (most cases I could), but rather I choose not too (though, some can read me easily, mostly my sister).

I feel akin to Sense and Sensibility's Marianne despite how much she annoyed me when reading the book (at least I'm played by Kate Winslet in the movie). When happy, I soar. I relish and appreciate every details of a happy moment. I talk about how nice the whether is, how great a day was, how bright the colours are. But...when presented with disappointments, I am give in to woe easily. I am just as vocal when happy as when sad. I do not quietly sit by and hold my tongue.

That is one of the reasons I included the word "Abrasive" in the title of my blog. I know this characteristic is not a favorable one, but I'd like to think I make up for it with other more positive qualities.

Ah well, I envy those of you who can remain tactful and feels your feelings discreetly. I do not think any less of your emotions for you showing them less and only wonder how you do it.

Are you you dramatic or silent? Do you wish you were otherwise? What are the consequences of being such?

No comments: